INTO THE WILD OVERNIGHT HUSKY TOUR
A few hours is just too short, You’re thirst for adventure hasn’t been slaked, then going on an overnight tour with our huskies might just be your thing.
Every Saturday from the end of January we hook up our dogs and go for an exhillirating trek to a beautiful wilderness cabin in the silent Lappish forest. Feel free to join in. All you need is a sense of adventure and a willingness to participate.
– Overnight in authentic wilderness cabin
– Drive your own husky team
– Experienced guides
– Maximum 6 persons per tour
– Traditional wood heated Finnish sauna
– Wilderness cabins
The accommodations for this tour is a cosy wilderness cabin. They are all heated with wood stoves and fireplaces, have an outside toilet and a wood heated sauna for washing and refreshing in. The cabins have no running water.
During the husky tour breakfast and dinner is served in the cabins, lunches are eaten in the wilderness around a campfire.
The program gives a good insight into the landscape of Lapland and a lot of information on the lives of huskies. During this tour customers will be expected to help with the daily dog chores, and the chores related to staying in the cabins.
The tour is suited for participants of a normal physical condition.
Saturday – Husky tour to the wilderness cabin
We pick you up from your hotel in Rovaniemi in the morning. After a transfer of about 45 minutes we arrive at the kennel and meet the dogs. We pack our sleds, hook up our dogs and set out for an exciting day’s travel. Lunch is eaten around a campfire in the middle of the lappish wilderness.
In the afternoon we arrive at the cabin, put our dogs to rest and sit down for a well earned cup of coffee and some cake. Before dinner there is the possibility to enjoy a refreshing sauna.
Sunday – Husky tour to the Kennel
After breakfast we prepare our dog-teams and prepare to leave the cabin. We travel for most of the day through the beautiful scenery of Lapland. Lunch is again eaten around a campfire.
In the evening we return to the kennel, return our dogs to their places for a well deserved rest, and say our farewells. A minibus will take you back to your hotel.
Pick-up times (approx): PLEASE CONFIRM THE PICK UP TIME WITH BOOKING OFFICE
– Santa Claus Holiday Village: 08:15
– Chalet Hotel Rovaniemi: 08:25
– Central Rovaniemi Hotels: 08:40
Our maximum capacity is 6 adults. We will try and fill the tour if we can. So expect to share with an international group if you are booking with a small party. If you want to have a private tour then we can arrange this with a price of 6 full paying adults (6*895€).
– We can cater to most dietary needs, but we must be informed when the booking is made.
– We reserve the right to change the program according to the weather circumstances and the participants ability.
Please have a look at our most frequently asked questions
This tour leaves every Saturday from 09.15 to 16.30 on Sunday. Starting from 26.01.2019 - 31.03.2019
PLEASE CHECK THE AVAILABILITY WITH BOOKING OFFICE
895,-€ per adult (1 person per sled)
- All transfers to and from Rovaniemi
- Meals (breakfast, 2 wilderness lunches and dinner)
- Use of arctic outer clothing and boots; use of equipment for the excursions
- Dog-team of 3-6 dogs
- Accommodation in wilderness cabin
- Total husky tour distance about 70 km
- Alcoholic drinks
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Accommodation before and after tour